My Rockin' Weekend in Vegas!!
Having been here in Hippieville for 6 months, it's about damn time I get this silly Instrument Rating out of the way. So my flight instructor, who also happens to be an othopedic surgeon, decided I would fly him to Las Vegas for some conference he had to go to on hip replacements. The plan was to leave around 3pm and shoot instrument approaches into nearly every airport along the way. We didn't end up leaving until 6pm, but we still stopped 5 or 6 times on the way there! It was absolutely exhausting, but fun anyway because I got a lot done.
Since I'm supposed to be flying in simulated Instrument Weather Conditions I get to wear these rockin glasses called "Foggles". They make it so I can't see out side the airplane, just like fog would. So not only are these glasses impressively attractive, they're also functional!

Since I was on an IFR flight, I had to get out all my charts and papers to plan ahead. Once I had that all done I had to file my flight plane with the FAA. Since the plan was to land at nearly every airport between here and Las Vegas, it was a long plan:)

When we finally landed at McArthur, we forgot to call the people on the ground where we had planned to park. So we just pulled up next to the building among all the really fancy jets. The jet in the back ground is a Cessna Citation X. When we finally got ahold of people on the ground to fuel us and such, they said we couldn't keep our little baby airplane on the ramp with the big dogs, and my instructor (who has a fantastic sense of humor) whined and said "why not?! it's a Cessna...just like that one!" pointing at the Citation:) We still had to move to the peeon section...puh!

The only rooms they had left at the Luxor were suites, so my instructor kindly got us each a suite next door to eachother and this is how frickin awesome the place was! It was actually so large I was a little scared to walk into the place by myself in the dark. I also got a little freaked out when I took a shower...mostly because I was there alone, the room was huge and I kept seeing images of Anthony Perkins in a wig with a knife...ree ree ree! AAAHHH!



Ah! I'm finally crawling into bed...at this point I've been up for about 22 hours. I'm not super human like my instructor who can go for days without sleep!

Having flown all night and into the wee hours of the morning I decided that I should take a nap. But having been kicked out of my Suite the only place I could go was the pool. It was well over 110 degrees as I layed in the shade, in my long pants and t-shirt, but I got a couple winks. So this is me trying to take a nap, and the other pic the view from my lightly shaded lawn chair.


After I tried to nap I decided to wander around and see what there was to see in the casinos. I found sharks! woo!

Then after a full day of fishes, I decided I was hungry. I saw a few chain restaurants (all inside the casinos mind you) but decided i didn't feel like spending $7 bucks on nasty grossness...so I found this place. The menu said vege wrap...sounded good and relatively healthy...so I got it. It was terrible. So I got some gelato to make me feel better about it:) Only I ended up spending about $12 total! ak!



2 Comments:
I love the foggles! You should wear them as a fashion statement sometime.
and i love the pic of you in the orange shirt. very cool. i think the foggles would freak me out a bit.
Post a Comment
<< Home