Persistance of Memory

I'm gunna be a bloggin fool!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

My Thankful Holiday

This year for Tofurkey day, I spent the Holiday of Thanks with my dear friend Anna.
She spent hundreds of much appreciated hours preparing for the greatful day. What a beautiful table eh?


Here is Anna slaving away over a hot stove.


Again...with the slaving away. Side not here...It is a widely accepted rule that if food is to be prepared, Anna is to prepare it, being the marvelous cook that she is.


It is also generally accepted that Anna trusts noone to help her around the kitchen because "if you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself." So although, I too, tend to be a fine cook...my grateful participation in this festive meal included the wine...lots of wine!!


So whilst my dear Anna prepared the delicious meal...I drank the delicious Pinot Noir:)


Then I happily filled my plate with the master piece meal and ate until I thought I'd explode.


As you can see, the blessed union of my fine Northern California wines, and her fabulouse Southern California cookin' made us both feel like queens for a day.


In the end, I'm very grateful for good friends, good food and good wine. Here's to Thanksgiving!

2 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Calluna said...

Finally! You're back! I'm so glad.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger P said...

hooray!!! a post. and wine. mmmmmm. but for all that food you're looking kinda thin. eat more. :) hope you had fun. i've been kinda sick, but we'll chat soon. luv ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home